Home About Me Southern Eats My Southern Home Posts filed under Faith Current Series

The Plan

Sunday, January 27, 2013

I had all but abandoned the thought of blogging.  In reality, I just don't have the time for it.  It has been over a year since I have posted, and I'm totally ok with that.  So if anyone out there in blog land happens to stumble over this, please don't think that I blog regularly or even want to jump back into blogging.  After coming across this book called "The Plan", my husband and I have agreed to go through it together, and remembering that I had not deleted this dusty old thing, I thought that this might be a good place to journal my results, since any pen and paper journal I buy ends up in the hands of my two young artists with no blank pages left for me to journal. 

For those of you who are not familiar with this book, it is called "The Plan" by Lyn-Genet Recitas.  You can find her website here and her book here.  Here is the amazon summary, in case you don't believe me:

In this revolutionary, New York Times bestselling book, cutting-edge nutrition expert Lyn-Genet Recitas reveals the surprising truth behind what actually makes people pack on the pounds. Carbs and portion sizes, it turns out, are not the problem. Foods that are revered by traditional weight loss programs, such as turkey, eggs, cauliflower, beans, and tomatoes, may be healthy in a vacuum, but when combined with each person's unique chemistry, they can cause a toxic reaction that triggers weight gain, premature aging, inflammation, and a host of health problems including constipation, migraines, joint pain, and depression.
 
Now this groundbreaking 20-day program helps readers finally unlock the mystery behind what does and does not work for their individual body. With detailed meal plans, recipes, and effective, personalized advice, you will discover how to:
-Lose a half a pound a day while enjoying generous servings of foods you love
-Identify your hidden trigger foods that are causing weight gain and inflammation, among other symptoms
-Build a personalized healthy foods list that promotes rapid weight loss
-Avoid feeling bloated, tired, or unhealthy again!
 
Feel better, look better, and be empowered by the knowledge of what truly works best for your body!
After having my third baby five years, I was bound and determined to loose all baby weight.  I jogged, I ran, I ellipticaled, I yoga-ed, I zumba-ed, I ran some more, I insanity-ed and p90-ed, and nearly starved myself, and nothing was working.

What's worse... I was actually gaining weight. And what's worse than that... I started having very minor health problems!! Some eczema on my left leg, headaches, and some pretty intense menstrual problems. So I all but stopped working out when we moved to Rockport and started working, because number 1, I didn't feel like it. And number 2, with my new job, I told myself that I did not have time.

Anyway... long story short. I got sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. So when I heard about this book, I grabbed it off of Amazon for my kindle and read through almost all of it in one night. There are testimonies of women who have never felt better... health problems similar to the ones that I described all but gone, and more energy than they have ever had. Where do I sign up? So I made the grocery list, made some trips to multiple stores, and the bigger health food store in Corpus and made the pledge that I was going to commit and change the way I eat and live.

So, I would like to journal each day how things have gone. I will be interested to see if I will loose weight... but remember that weight loss is not really my main goal. Health. So. Wish me luck. We start tomorrow!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...