Home About Me Southern Eats My Southern Home Posts filed under Faith Current Series

Daniel Fast - Day One

Monday, January 20, 2014

My husband and I have decided to go through the Daniel Fast together.  More on this later.  Today was our first day, and I have to admit... It was not as bad as I thought.  Although not having my morning coffee was probably the biggest sacrifice. 

Breakfast - Oatmeal with Blueberries
Morning Snack - banana, and carrots/celery with Hummus
Lunch - Brown Rice, zucchini and yellow squash, and a salad with homemade Italian Dressing
Dinner - Potatoes and Onions with leftover rice and a salad

I also snacked on almonds most of the day and had a fruit/vegetable juice that we made with our juicer.

High:  We made it through the day without cheating... despite the baby shower cake and leftover chocolate in my classroom!
Low:  I had a headache and took 2 advil in the morning and 2 in the afternoon.  We both felt very tired and sluggish. In fact, I am going to bed very soon... and it is 8:00pm.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...