Home About Me Southern Eats My Southern Home Posts filed under Faith Current Series

What does it mean to trust?

Saturday, January 15, 2011

For my next Siesta Scripture Memory Verse, I have chosen....
Psalm 3:5-6
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
   and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
   and he will make your paths straight.[a]
 
What does it look like when we trust in the Lord with all of our hearts?  To me, this means that although we may not understand what God is up to, that we acknowledge that He has a better path for us!  The wonderful glorious amazing thing is, when we stop trying to lean on ourselves and stop trying to explain away why things are happening and instead trust that God is going to use us, our paths become straight.  We quit feeling like we are spinning our wheels and going no where! 
 
Father God, I pray that in all my ways I submit to you.  I pray that you help me to develop my trust in You alone.  Although I may not understand what is going on I pray that I quit worrying about it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...