Home About Me Southern Eats My Southern Home Posts filed under Faith Current Series

Daniel Fast Banana Bread Granola Bars

Thursday, January 23, 2014

I just took these out of the oven and they smell SOOOOO GOOD!!  After I let them cool, I discovered that these aren't really crunch granola bars, they slightly resemble banana bread, but they have a very good sweet flavor!  
 
3 RIPE bananas
1 cup of raisins
1/2 cup nuts (I used a mix of chopped almonds and walnuts) 
1/4 cup olive oil (scant)
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups rolled oats
sprinkle of dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds
sprinkle of cinnamon
a little sprinkle of water if needed

 http://distilleryimage3.ak.instagram.com/a607bfdc849c11e3912b12ca7e300003_8.jpg

1. Mash the bananas, leaving them slightly lumpy.
2. mix in the raisins and oil, then the rest of the ingredients.
3. Let stand for about 10 minutes or more (this is where I sprinkled the water to moisten it a bit and sprinkled a little cinnamon in)
4. I dumped the granola out on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and shaped it into a thin flat square.
5. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until slightly browned on bottom. 

I took them out and cut them while they were still soft and put them back in for about 7 minutes.  Then took them out, separated them, flipped them, and cooked for another 10 minutes or so on the other side.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...