Home About Me Southern Eats My Southern Home Posts filed under Faith Current Series

Daniel Fast ~ Day Four

Thursday, January 23, 2014

I had the day off today, and I wish I really could have enjoyed it, but sadly enough I had to spend about two hours in the chair at the dentist's office.  booo.  We woke up and got the kids to school.  We had decided yesterday to join a small little gym here in Rockport.  So as if having a dentist drill on my teeth was not enough pain, I ran a mile on the treadmill and did the eliptical for 15 minutes!  It felt really good to work out, and I took it easy knowing that I would be sore in other places that did not involve muscles.  My rash on my face and chest seems to be clearing a little, and what's best of all.... no headache at all today!! 

Because I had the day off, we decided to go to the grocery store and stock up to make several recipes.  Here's what we had today:

Breakfast:  Oatmeal with dried apricots, raisins, walnuts, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.  We really had to shake it up a little because the plain oatmeal was getting pretty dull.

Lunch:  I actually skipped lunch today because I was so sore in the mouth.  sad face.

Dinner:  I made two things for dinner tonight because I was not sure how either would taste.  I wanted something soft for my sore teeth, so I made Chipotle Bean Chili, which was fabulous!  I also made Spinach Artichoke Whole Grain Pasta. 

For snacks today:  We bought a bag of baked Tostitos and had chips and salsa!!  Chris really wanted this, but it was a little hard for me to eat after the dentist.  But did you know Baked Tostitos only have three ingredients??  Our son made fruit smoothies, and we also had spinach artichoke dip with tofu.  I was skeptical... but we both gave it a thumbs up! I also made some Granola Bars for tomorrow which are in the oven baking right now and smell wonderful!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...