Home About Me Southern Eats My Southern Home Posts filed under Faith Current Series

Daniel Fast ~ Day Three

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Praise be to his glorious name forever; may the whole earth be filled with his glory.  ~ Psalm 72:19

Day Three seemed to go pretty well.  This was my first day with students, and I was a little afraid I would be a cranky teacher without my coffee, but it really seemed to fly by quickly!  Chris came up today and brought me lunch, and we really had a great talk about the reasons why we are fasting.  We both had a little bit of a headache all day, but our energy was better.  When I woke up this morning, my face and chest had broken out with a rash - probably from all of the yucky processed food trying to eek itself out of my pores.  My skin felt pretty icky all day - very oily, like I had lots of lotion.  Weird!

So here are the three meals that we had today:
Breakfast:  Our yummy staple of oatmeal and blueberries.  Getting a little old.
Lunch:  Sante Fe Stuffed Bell Peppers.  To die for delish!  I'll put the recipe up soon!
Dinner:  Lemon Garlic Brussel Sprouts and a cinnamon sweet potato.  We usually fix our brussel sprouts with bacon and parmesan cheese, so I was really afraid I was not going to like them, but they were amazing!  
For snacks today, we had hummus and fruit/vegetable juice from our juicer, and lots of dried fruit, with mixed nuts.  

Chris and I also started bible study tonight, and I have to tell you the amazing story of what happened.  I'm in the middle of writing about it, so come back to read all about it!  It is truly an amazing "God Thing"!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...